Have 2 trays of cherries drying in the dehydrator, 4lbs soaking in syrup after 3 stewings so far for candied cherries. Used some today for the yoghurt, and Herbie declared it yummy :).
Milked earlier today than I've been milking for the last few days and only got just over 2 gallons from Dolly, and a smidgen from Daisy May. Looks like Doofus is starting to drain her front 2 quarters. Suppose he's over a month old, so it's not unexpected. Fortunately I get everything from the back quarter.
Big Red got into the pasture with the girls today, and Herbie helped me get him back to the boys pasture after I'd found where the fence was low. Seems from Daisy Mays' performance tonight, she may be coming in heat again. Will set all the boys aquiver.
Our herdshare owner for Thursday, Michelle, brought her daughter with today, so showed them all the babies on the farm. Did the same yesterday with Angie, her daughter Jessie and granddaughters, Ally and Izzy. I love the enjoyment they get out of our beasties, especially the kids.
Got the kitchen sort of tidied up and cleaned today, and Herbie put the rototiller on the tractor for me. This evening I went and moved the electric fence giving the boys more grazing area after running some beds. Tomorrow I'll ask him to attach the post-hole-digger so I can plant the 5 blueberry bushes that are still alive, seems 5 died as they didn't have sufficient roots, about 15 new grapevines I started, the 4 new lavenders, and then I can go re-plant the posts the cows rubbed out of the ground or broke last year, rebuilding the channel so I have options for the breeding that I need to do for next years' calves.
Was very frustrated yesterday. While talking to Betsi, our Tuesday herdshare owner when she came to collect the eggs I had for her, the syrup for the cherries burnt. The lounge is lower than the rest of the downstairs floor, and Herbie didn't smell it burning. I smelt it as soon as I came back inside and rushed the pot out the sliding door to the concrete of the patio until it stopped smoking. After it was cool, it was rock hard, and took some work to clean it out. Filling it with water and boiling it worked much better than scrubbing it. I measured out another 2lbs of cherries and started a new lot of sugar water, therefore the double amount now being candied. This after I burnt a pot of strawberry jam. Note to self - DO NOT LEAVE STUFF COOKING ON THE STOVE UNATTENDED !